Out of Contact Managers, Sales force automation software tools where born, before CRM software allowing everyone in the company that deals with prospects and customers to stay connected and know where everything they needed was. When enabling better Customer Relationship becomes the center sales technology and process your people naturally become aligned.
Microsoft CRM Comparison
- Microsoft has tremendous financial viability, support from management and investments in product development.
- It has a worldwide installed base, as well as value-added resellers and partners.
- Customers can choose from a strong set of Microsoft products with which to integrate over time, such as Outlook, BizTalk, Exchange and SharePoint, to foster tight integration and internal collaboration around the customer, and later to support customer communities. Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration to Office Communications Server will be a market differentiator.
- Basic customer service functionality is augmented by integration with SharePoint and other features for content management, knowledge management, workflow and collaboration.
- Risk of market confusion exists with simultaneous offerings for CRM on-premises, hosted and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live versions of the product.
- No industry-specific capabilities are available directly from Microsoft; however, partners are assisting with offerings in healthcare, banking and other service industries.
- Microsoft provides little evidence of predictive analytics, real-time offers or integrated marketing.
- Its product requires more-seamless integration with external knowledge management systems and has only rudimentary search or case-authoring capabilities.
- An early look at Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live suggests that it will not be a realistic option for the customer service center until the second half of 2009 as telephony infrastructure partners are lined up. The product will limit the number of custom objects and workflows to 100 each.